Dark Chocolate Stout PieIngredients
- 1- Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box.
- 1 3/4 - cups whole milk
- 1/2 - cup stout beer
- 1 - box (6-serving size) chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1 1/2 - cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 - cups whipping cream
- 2 - tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, cook milk, beer and pudding mix over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Pour into medium bowl; cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until cold.
- Drink the remainder of the stout.
- 3 Spoon and spread pudding mixture evenly into crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours until set.
- Drink another beer while you wait.
- 4 Just before serving, in chilled medium bowl, beat topping ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Spread over top of pie. Garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.